Following is the approximate schedule through which the articles will pass after their initial submission by the author/s to 'Somaiya Medical Journal'.
- 1st submission by the author/s.
- Acknowledgement of receipt of the article: Within 48 hours.
- Editorial review: By 2 weeks.
- Two rounds of double blinded peer review: By 1 month.
- Submission of revised article by the author/s: Within 2 weeks.
- Re-review by the editors and reviewers: By 2 weeks.
- Communication of final decision regarding the article to the author/s: By 2 weeks.
Note: Some of these steps may require several rounds thus increasing the interval between 1st submission and communication of final decision.